Wednesday 29 August 2012

Charlotte Exhibition Preparation Part 2

Since the last time I blogged about this, I have been working on ideas for my first piece of art for the exhibition.

My initial idea is to put together a woodland scene with the ghost of Charlotte hovering somewhere around the centre of the piece.  

The first two pages (below) show different photographs of woodland scenes, which I have examined and the options I looked through in order to decide what the ghost should look like.  I have thought about her hair, dress and position as well as the degree of transparency the ghost should have.


The following two pages show my final choice for the woodland scene and for the ghost.  In addition to this, I created a media experiment, in which I have recreated the woodland scene in 4 different media: acrylic paint, watercolour pencils, colouring pencils and oil paint.

I have decided that  I will make the final piece an oil painting.  I like that the paint doesn't dry so quickly, which enables you to blend the colours much better, whilst building up an interesting texture as well.


My next step will be to experiment with the ghost to work out how best to paint her whilst maintaining her transparency.


To purchase a copy of 'Charlotte -The Lady in White' a novel based on the Life of Charlotte White, nee Smyth, please click the link below




No comments:

Post a Comment